Wednesday 8 August 2018

Game Jam 2018 Day 1

So, it seems that my last post was a year ago, when we did a game jam in July.
I have been doing a lot of stuff at work (which I cannot share, but it is A M A Z I N G). A few game jams, including this one: https://playingfield.cc/gallery/

But the main reason for writing was to talk about this years kids jam.
Again its 3 days, using Construct 2. As a new inspiration I was talking to a lady in church and she was asking about Christian Computer games, and I thought "Why not?" so that was the topic for this years game jam.

The girls are on a platformer around collecting the Armour of God. Its only the basics for now, but it coming on.

Daniel is also on a platformer, this one about a shepherd looking for lost , but he seems to have got the graphics coming along nicely.



I'm working on a stealth game based upon bible smuggling. Its early days and the AI is pitiful, but I should be able to get it better.


So Day 1 complete. We started late, so thats only 8 hours work. I'm personally finding Construct 2 to be quite clumsy, but thats what happens when you switch tools.
Not a bad days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment